Jingle Jams Playlist

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Common - The Light

I know we are straying from the theme a little bit by bringing Common into the picture, but we have got to give J. Dilla some respect - R.I.P. 


While you might be more familiar with tracks like "Go" or even "Make My Day", From the album Like Water for Chocolate comes "The Light." Written in the style of a love-letter, Common confesses his love for his lady over a smooth piano and drum sample so masterfully created by your man Jay D.


It is rare that you hear a good love song in Hip-Hop, but The Light sends as good of a message as any song and deserves a spot on that playlist right alongside the other greats on this site. Common is a lyricist to say the least and you would be stupid not to develop an addiction to his music . . . especially with lines like this:


"I never call you my bitch or even my boo
There's so much in a name and so much more in you"



Listen Now: Common - The Light
Common - The Light Download
Common - The Light Lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment