Jingle Jams Playlist

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Raphael Saadiq - Let's Take a Walk

Raphael Saadiq joins the ranks of Anthony Hamilton, John Legend and Robin Thicke as one of the few contemporary R&B artists who still does it right. Of course, the art is quickly coming back with the emergence of other artists, such as Mayer Hawthorne. I am not trying to downplay the likes of artists like Usher, Alicia Keys and Jill Scott. They just do not have a traditional Motown sound.

Saadiq's latest album "The Way I See It" really captures a unique bluesy/Motown sound that is all its own. It is headlined by tracks like "Love That Girl" and "100 Yard Dash." My favorite track on the album though is definitely "Let's Take a Walk." It is pretty easy to figure out why:

"This place is crowded
Don't know about you
I need some sex
Some sex with you
Cause your on my mind
I can feel your sweat
Your body's wet
And I need some help
Girl you know what we need to do
Girl, let's take a walk"

Lord knows that we have all been there, done that. Saadiq just delivers the magic not only in this song, but on the entire album. I suggest that you all go out and get it. Remember, its called "The Way I See It"

Listen Now: Raphael Saadiq - Let's Take a Walk
Raphael Saadiq - Let's Take a Walk
Raphael Saadiq - Let's Take a Walk Lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment