Jingle Jams Playlist

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain

Since I failed to bring you a jingle jam yesterday, I feel obligated to give you something more today. With covers and remixes becoming more and more prominent in the world of music, it is always fun to trace the steps of newer songs.

Top music producers are constantly turning to the older generations of music for their samples. In fact, world famous music producer, Kanye West, has made a name for himself by sampling 1950s and 1960s soul sounds.

In this three part post, we will follow a common theme that starts with The Temptations. One of my personal favorites by The Temptations: I Wish It Would Rain has been remastered by one artist, while the other has simply taken a different approach to the same theme (no correlation).

For starters though, let us stick with the classic sound. Enjoy. Listen Now: The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain

The Temptations - I Wish It Would Rain Lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment