Jingle Jams Playlist

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Otis Redding - Hard to Handle

I do not know how I have made it this far and not included Otis Redding on Jingle Jams. I feel like he should have been one of the very first posts. If not for a freak accident, he would probably left behind an even more legendary career. One of my all time favorites from Otis is definitely "Sittin on the Dock of the Bay." Nothing like a great soul song about San Francisco and Otis does it as good as anybody. However, I do not know if that song is fit to be a Jingle Jam.

Instead, we will shift our focus to one of his lesser known, but more appropriate songs. "Hard to Handle" is a perfect depiction of Otis Redding's style. Sadly, he died before it was ever released, so it never really gained much popularity. No download today either, sorry about that, but my computer at home is broken and I can't get the song online.

Listen Now: Otis Redding - Hard to Handle
Otis Redding - Hard to Handle Lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment