Jingle Jams Playlist

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

James Brown - This is a Man's World

R.I.P and happy birthday to James Brown. Yesterday we got a chance to celebrate a legend as Brown would have turned 78. In the world of soul music, there are not many, if any, that you can put above James Brown. He is "The Godfather of Soul" and for good reason. In his own words, "I've got soul (huh) and I'm superbad." This line from "Superbad" just about sums up James Brown. Then again, "Sex Machine" paints a pretty good picture of JB as well.

He has got a collection of sound that is hard to compete with. Songs like "Sex Machine", "I Feel Good" and "Papa's Got a Brand New Bag" are among his most popular. One of my personal favorites "Get on the Good Foot" speaks to the soul. I mean, I only got one good foot . . . or four, depending on how you look at it.

I could go on and on about James Brown hits, but we are going to make our final stop in a good place. They say that behind every great man, there is a powerful woman. After all, "this is a man's world, but it wouldn't be nothin', nothin' without a woman or a girl." Let's kick the talk and get down with Mr. Brown!

Listen Now: James Brown - This is a Man's World
James Brown - This is a Man's World Download
James Brown - This is a Man's World Lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment