Jingle Jams Playlist

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Raphael Saadiq - Movin' Down the Line

Raphael Saadiq just released his new album: Stone Rollin'. While it does not quite compare to The Way I See It, it definitely has its fair share of great tracks. The album centers around the common theme of breakup and heartbreak songs, which are always a good time. With a jazzy/blues sound, he assumes the same style that was so popular with The Way I See It. While his first two albums were not done in this style, I assume he is going to keep it coming just like this.

Off the new album, there were a number of tracks that I would have loved to feature, but given that most of them are not exactly Jingle Jams, I had to go with one of the few that is. That is not to say that "Movin Down the Line" is not a great track, but it is not the best track on the album. I am a huge fan of "Go to Hell", "Heart Attack" and "Good Man." All these songs follow the common theme of the album, in case you cannot tell by their titles.

Listen Now: Raphael Saadiq - Movin' Down the Line
Raphael Saadiq - Movin' Down the Line Download
Raphael Saadiq - Movin' Down the Line Lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment