Jingle Jams Playlist

Friday, May 13, 2011

John Legend - Sun Comes Up

Sadly, the work that I did yesterday managed to get deleted. from what it looks like, blogger was having some issue. In any case, I am just going to have to remember what I can from yesterdays write-up, but it is going to be a bit shorter.

I can always appreciate a request from a friend, so I was stoked when my man Sean Hodson sent this song my way the other day. As a huge John Legend fan, I was stoked to hear somebody mention a song other than "Green Light", "Ordinary People" and "Save Room."

John Legend has 4 extraordinary albums, including his latest collaborative effort with The Roots: Wake Up. Apart from a collection of amazing albums, he has also done a series of live recordings and covers that never fail to impress. "Sun Comes Up" is a track from one of these live performances and you can really feel the small venue vibe that it has.

Legend also has a number of other awesome live recordings, including a cover of Nina Simone - "Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood." While his version does not rival Simone's, it is a great rendition of the track.

Listen Now: John Legend - Sun Comes Up
John Legend - Sun Comes Up Download
John Legend - Sun Comes Up Lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment