Jingle Jams Playlist

Friday, May 6, 2011

Lee Fields & The Expressions - Honey Dove

When I first heard Lee Fields & The Expressions, I was under the impression that they were a soul group from the 1960s or 1970s. Little did I know that they are a neo-soul group that just burst onto the scene with their first album: My World.

I was introduced to "Ladies" by my brother over at Fine Young Casuals, who by the way is blessed with dashing good looks and an excellent electronic music blog. Just a few weeks later, I find myself digging around Youtube for some more Lee Fields tracks and I stumbled across a couple of gems. While "Ladies" is without a doubt my favorite of his tracks, I am in love with the My World in its entirety.

In my digging, I came across a true gem of a Jingle Jam. "Honey Dove" has the classic ballad style with a super sweet guitar playing in the background. It reminds me of that old school sound that guys like Otis Redding helped make popular.

Listen Now: Lee Fields & The Expressions - Honey Dove
Lee Fields & The Expressions - Honey Dove Download
Lee Fields & The Expressions - Honey Dove Lyrics

No comments:

Post a Comment