Jingle Jams Playlist

Friday, May 13, 2011

Outkast - Pink & Blue

With yesterdays posts out of the way, we are going to steer in a slightly different direction. With Andre 3000 and Big Boi heading the charge for Speakerboxxx and Love Below, OutKast is one of the best hip-hop duos out there. To go with my last post, Andre 3000 was featured on John Legend's Evolver album on the track "Green Light."

OutKast started as a parody group, with humorous songs such as "Ms. Jackson", "Roses" and "Hey Ya." They continued on in that fashion, but also adopted a slightly more serious tone. However, in the end, they remained true to their funny and upbeat style.

Today we break the age barrier with "Pink & Blue." In other words, "you make me talk baby talk." This is the story of a young man pursuing an older woman . . . it does not get much better. I will leave you with my favorite lyric and let Andre and Big Boi do the rest:


"You could have been born a little later but I don't care
So what if your head sports a couple of grey hairs
Same here, and actually I think that's funky"


No comments:

Post a Comment